Companies and Corporate Law
Company structures are a common and special type of business vehicle which depending on the business structure allows shareholders to limit their potential liability owed. Companies are legal entities that can own property, be sued and can sue in their own name. There are complex rules that govern company structures whether, from a company’s constitution, the replaceable rules under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) in addition to other laws that apply.
We understand that companies are complex and the rules which are in place to govern companies can be difficult to navigate at times. That’s when you need a knowledgeable lawyer who can tell you about the requirements of the law and keep you focusing on running a strong company.
Our business lawyers can assist you with your corporate legal matters and help keep your company strong and operating soundly.
Corporate Legal Services
Some common services that our business lawyers provide include:
- Legal advice for Directors’ Duties and board disputes
- Incorporating or restructuring a company
- Drafting and/or interpretation of the company constitution
- Drafting and interpretation of shareholder agreements
- Legal advice on company laws and rules
- Drafting board meeting minutes
- Acting as a proxy for Directors
- Acting as a proxy for shareholders
- Legal advice for shareholder meetings and Annual General Meetings
- Shareholder disputes
- Dispute resolution
- Advice on white-collar and corporate crime
- Winding up and insolvency
Company Directors, Secretaries, Executives and Officers
We understand that being a director or executive officer responsible for running a corporation requires broad-based knowledge, discipline, leadership and strategy. Directors and executive officers have to deal with difficult scenarios and unusual circumstances on a regular basis. Not managing a situation right can lead to poor company performance, a bad reputation, shareholder reprisal, company liability and potentially criminal or civil prosecution.
Whether you need general companies legal advice, legal advice on the legality of a transaction, legal advice about an executive office holder, executive meetings, annual general meetings, directors disputes, assistance with a breach of directors duties, legal advice about employment law, civil or criminal liability our business lawyers can help you. Our business lawyers can provide you with strategic and result orientated legal advice.
Our business lawyers can help you with corporate regulatory framework including:
- Corporations Act 2001
- Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (previously known as the Trade Practices Act)
- Personal Property Securities Act 2009
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act 2001
- Common law
- Competition law
Contact Us for a Free Case Evaluation
To schedule a free case evaluation, complete the form or contact us via chat or phone at 0485 872 417.